Sunday, October 01, 2006

Okay, so that's just creepy-- or how blogsearch loves me

So, I posted an entry a few days ago about being lazy. I mentioned the things that were hanging over my head that I needed to do.

I hate laziness, I hate being late, I hate it, I hate it.

Okay, enough about me...

...And, I happened to mention someone by name (no, lol, I am not doing it again).

Within hours, he'd emailed me. He wanted me to cheer up and (as far as I could tell) get back to work.

Wow.

Well. Hum. I let him know that, yes, I was working on his chapter. And that no, his chapter was not exactly the sole cause of my despair (actually, NAP and system image manager are my real problems, oh and my hair, and my car, and... why am I so tired?).

I do know this. Up until recently, until I used someone else's name on my blog actually (figures the name of the guy who wrote "Blogging for dummies" would be so totally, easily, findable) no one could find my blog on google, ask.com, dogpile, or yahoo. It just wouldn't list.

Well, that was before Google BlogSearch.

OMG. I think that engine loves me.

Or maybe I would be more accurate to say, it loves blogspot.

When I searched "Callahan Teched," my blog was the third list entry. When searching by the only full name listed on my blog, plus my name, my blogentry was the second list item.

I came up again and again. But never, ever, my MSN spaces blog. Those entries, that address never came up.

Funny that.

So what does this mean? That I am not as anonymous as I thought. That this is the internet. That the more entries you make, the more data you create, the more likely that something will be listed somewhere.

Am I okay with that? Yeah, I guess I am. This is a free internet right? If you don't want to read it, click away. And if you want to stay (like watching a trainwreck) feel free to do that too.

Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya hear?

No comments: