Thursday, September 13, 2007

I hate flies, hate hate hate

So I've got this new umbrella on my back deck.

It's red.

I don't really like red, but hey, I needed something to help keep the heat down back there. I often work in the dining room, which opens, through a sliding glass door, to the deck. And in the afternoon sun beats in and really makes it hot there. An umbrella helps. Not only to cool the deck, but to keep the dining room cool too.

However, I have found that because it's red, for some reason, it's easier to see my macbook pro's screen under it, even in broad, sunny daylight.

So here I am, happily typing on my deck, under my red umbrella. I am working away, tea on my left, bottle of water and a snacky bag of almonds on my right...

Typey, typey, tappity, tap. SMACK.

It has gotten warm back here after a cold night and cool morning. And the frickin' flies are out.

And to make matters worse, there are horseflies among them.

So now they are buzzing around me like fighter pilots, occasionally trying to hurt me. I swear they are intentionally torturing me.

Argh.

Well. I knew it was too nice to last. Back inside.

Speaking of inside, I really hate it when flies follow me inside. I can't stand the sound, I can't stand that they lick the world with their feet, and they keep trying to smack my head as they fly by. But it pleases me to see them, after a while, hanging out on the back and front doors, like dogs trying to get outside. There's nothing for them to eat in my house, those bastards...

No comments: